Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cleaning: Boiling water candidate

After the aborted 'Olroth's Import' boiling water trial I decided to select a new pipe that I KNEW I wouldn't mind breaking. So, I rummaged through my box of pipes from Germany and came up with this...


























I'm assuming this was from the same smoker as the Olroth's. The same gook on the rim, the same chamber with only the top half having any space left. This time, however, I attacked it with the British Buttner right away. This worked well, until that is the Buttner was required to cut downwards at depth. It's tips are not effective at this, so I had to first open it up with some auger bits, then finish with the Buttner. Even then it could not reach the bottom as this chamber requires something that can ream parallel to a depth of greater than 1".



























I can't even remember what was stamped on the side of this one, I'm fairly certain though that it is not even briar. I'll edit this post when I've gotten further along the track! One thing is for certain, I don't care in the slightest if this pipe explodes, so it WILL be subject to a full boiling water experiment.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good choice Stinky
    I do like the steam cleaner idea
    next time i go shopping hahahah
    I might have to make a special trip i will look in the 2 buck shop.

    ReplyDelete