Sunday, July 21, 2013

The making of a Falcon bowl my way.

Parting off the leg of the block

Turning 1/2 of the bowl.




I machined the end to the same dimensions as the falcon bowl.
The 4 start thread is the problem.
The bowl is a tight fit with out the o ring.
But with the o ring in place it bites into the thread.
Tight and sealed perfectly.  


Loaded it up smoked perfect when it is run in it should be fine.



There a few inclusions in the wood.
I will smoke it and see if my design works over time.
And then i can make different shapes.  

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHHA! Nice you crazy coot! I hope you're saving all those smaller chunks of briar for inlays etc down the track :) Great idea re. the o-ring, can't wait to see how she colours up. Perhaps you could use your dremel to carve some designs over the inclusions? Better yet, have Mrs Hobo do it, would be super neato.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worship my skills.
      HH i am even saving the shavings and sanding dust.
      I have a plan to turn the off cuts in to mini "Pipes".
      And the dist into filler.
      Yea i kinda like the inclusions.

      HD

      Delete
  2. Looking to make my own bowl for my old falcon, have some nice cherry wood just the right size. Have no lathe, so how would I cut the threads? A 4 start thread? Sounds tricky.

    ReplyDelete