Sunday, March 31, 2013

Salmon & Gluckstein 1894 Silver Billiard

Well....Tom and Emily showed up with a birthday present...what do you all think?

It is Salmon & Gluckstein cased billiard, square shank from 1894. Fantastic craftsman ship with perfect carving. The bit is a screw-fit and seats in perfect line with the shank...after almost 120 years and a lot of use...WOW. What can I say, incredible pipe that I can't wait to smoke. Will take some better pictures of it in the coming weeks, but I just wanted to get it up tonight!










4 comments:

  1. What a great pipe i can not find the right words.
    I'm a sucker for a case.
    Lovely silver band and cap nice engraving.
    The Hallmarks
    Anchor-Brimingham essay office.
    Lion-sterling .925
    Date letter-1894
    Now i'm really jelous.
    Errr happy birthday.
    When was it.
    HD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pipe is absolutely beautimous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...fair question, I have another from 1898...but I'll take a look and see if I ahve any older...good question old bean!

    ReplyDelete